Friday, October 16, 2009

The Best Halloween Ever!

The best Halloween ever was when I was about 5 years old. Most would think the story I'm about to tell is sad, but I think it was one of the best Halloween's I have ever had. I was in kindergarden for just a short while and I had to get my kindergarden shots to be able to remain in school. I was terrified of needles anyway, but to make things worse I had to get them on Halloween. Since I was so little, the doctor told that I probably shouldn't move around alot afterwards and rest alot. Exhausted from crying, I came home and fell asleep on the living room floor where I had recently been playing. Unlike all the others kids out in their costumes getting candy, I was at home asleep with my mommy.
My daddy wasn't home from work when I had fallen asleep. When he came home and he woke me up to give me a very cute stuffed animal. He said he wanted me to at least have something on Halloween, since I couldn't go trick or treating. He also brought me candy, but my favorite part was the stuffed animal. The animal had a pumpkin for a head and was wearing scarecrow clothes and had a straw hat on it's head.
I know this probably doesn't sound like much to the average person, but I thought the world of the stuffed animal. The fact that my daddy and mommy were so worried about me being heartbroken over not being able to celebrate Halloween that they would go out of his way to make it the best they possibly could. It meant pretty much the world to me when I was five. I will always remember that as one of my most favorite Halloweens.

No comments:

Post a Comment