Tuesday, September 22, 2009

School...

Junior year has proved to me that college isn't going to just be a breeze. It will require hardwork and extreme discpline. Taking AP and IB classes have shown me that I really need to focus and stop procrastinating. I believe that I will survive my junior year. It may be tough, but I know I can pull through and make it happen. As of now, I have strong B's and high A's in most of my classes. That's really good I think, considering some of my friends that are in the same classes are almost failing. That doesn't make me happy that I'm doing better, but I think that some of us just study and try a little harder. I think that with hardwork and dedication, a person can accomplish any goal or conquer any obstacle that is placed in front of them. Some of my friends and classmates just gave up this year, they just all together stopped trying. I can't figure out why this is happening, because I certainly wouldn't work for 12 years to get all a's and a 4.0 GPA, just to throw it away because things get a little tough. I say welcome to the real world. Nothing is just handed to you in the world, you have to earn it. I have heard many college students and adults who already have their jobs say that it really doesn't ever get any easier. Your highschool experience will be the easiest part of life that comes to you. For you to give up on the easiest part doesn't speak well about your drive or your character. It only shows that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. In high school, you should be self-disciplined and continue to work hard to accomplish every dream you have for your future because you are creating the foundation of it at this very moment.

1 comment: