Monday, April 26, 2010

Macbeth

I like the play Macbeth but I just don't like the Shakespearean language. Its so hard for me to understand sometimes because of the way he worded things. Shakespeare's plays are so pretty and exciting, but I can't really get into them because I don't understand what half of it means. Freshmen year, we started Romeo and Juliet, and it wasn't that bad to understand. We also didn't finish that play either. Sophomore year, we read Julius Caesar and it was extremely hard to understand. We had quizzes on that after every reading too. It was very difficult. Macbeth is okay to understand at parts and going over what everything means helps a lot too. It lets me know what is being said. Also, I found this site on spark notes and it gives you the original text with the modern version right beside it. I used that this morning and it helped me a lot to know the significance of the quotes and to whom they were talking to directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment